I spent far too much of my life uninspired. I grew up without any true passions, any desire to make an impact on the world. Writing has since become my way of not only making sense of everything, but reaching others who are also trying to find that connection.
This drive has led to writing and editing roles at small-town newspapers and national magazines, but I have now moved on to writing about what saved my life: art. Movies, music, television, books, paintings—all of the art that surrounds my everyday is constantly reshaping me and my understanding of the world, and I want to share that with everybody. Art can be as powerful as you allow it to be, and stories have this incredible ability to shift the zeitgeist. I want to be in step with those changes the entire way, and I hope you’ll join me.
Articles by Travis
- Queen Anne and her rabbits: The ending of The Favourite explained
- Game theory in Crazy Rich Asians: Explaining the Mahjong showdown between Rachel and Eleanor
- Why ‘We Are the Flesh’ Has a Deeper Twist Ending Than ‘The Sixth Sense’
- What the soundtrack tells us about Mid90s
- Understanding Andrea Arnold’s filmography
- Why people connect with the message of Get Out
- Explaining the opening scene of BlacKkKlansman
- The significance of the song ‘Take Me Home, Country Road’ in Logan Lucky
- Understanding Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s filmography
- Explaining the end of The Elephant Man
- Explaining The Wolf of Wall Street through the music of Kanye West
- Exploring Ryan Gosling’s directing style in Lost River
- Explaining Doc Sportello’s strange arc in Inherent Vice
- Explaining the confusing story of Blue Velvet
- Explaining the end of The Big Sick
- How the new Point Break differs from the original
- Why The Night Before is the ultimate argument for legalizing marijuana
- What does the title mean in Allegiant?
- The case for each “father” in Bridget Jones’s Baby
- Explaining the subtle progressivism behind Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising