Welcome to our Colossus Movie Guide for Knives Out. This guide contains everything you need to understand the movie. You’ll find a quick explanation of Knives Out, as well as our library of material covering key aspects of the movie. We encourage comments to help us put together the best possible guide. Thank you!Watch on:
The Quick Explanation
Knives Out is a modern murder mystery that ends up as a parable for the politics of the time relating to the United States and immigration. The Thrombeys are representative of left and right wing political views from white, established America. Johnson contrasts each political ideology only to reveal an ugly, shared root: control. When they have it, they’re superficially kind to the less fortunate. As soon as they feel their control threatened, the humanity goes out the window. Marta is the embodiment of a next generation that hasn’t been corrupted by inherited wealth and a sense of entitlement. Benoit Blanc serves as a tolerant, progressive, discerning spirit that sees people for who they are rather than what they are, and judges them accordingly. By assigning this view to the film’s heroic figure, Johnson makes a claim for a humanistic view of immigration in America.
- Benoit Blanc – Daniel Craig
- Detective Lieutenant Elliot – LaKeith Stanfield
- Marta Cabrera – Ana de Armas
- Harlan Thrombey – Christopher Plummer
- Linda Drysdale – Jamie Lee Curtis
- Richard Drysdale – Don Johnson
- Hugh Ransom Drysdale – Chris Evans
- Walt Thrombey – Michael Shannon
- Donna Thrombey – Riki Lindhome
- Jacob Thrombey – Jaeden Martell
- Joni Thrombey – Toni Collette
- Meg Thrombey – Katherine Langford
- Trooper Wagner – Noah Segan
- Fran – Edi Patterson
- Alan Stevens – Frank Oz
- Written by – Rian Johnson
- Directed by – Rian Johnson
What does the title Knives Out mean? What does it tell us about the movie’s intentions and storyline? Let’s figure it out.
Themes and Meaning
Discover themes that help us define Knives Out’s commentary, message, and meaning.
If the ending of Knives Out confused you, this explanation will help you understand everything you need to know.
Explore important motifs that indicate Knives Out’s most crucial moments of symbolism.
A visual guide to Knives Out. Coming soon.
Questions and Answers
If you have questions about Knives Out, we have answers. Comment what you’re curious about and receive a response.
Write a response